As part of improving and making Brandnew platform more reliable, we continuously gathered feedback from users on their usage of the product, and found out; agencies have a long list of influencers that they work with saved on an excel sheet, and they wanted to have the influencers on the platform, as it’s easier to operate and see the social network data, since the data is gathered and updated on a regular basis across all social networks.
As a result, the import tool was found to help agencies with creating influencer profiles and inviting them to have an account on Brandnew.
I have started with interviewing users to understand the current solution that we offer, and I also looked at the excel files that they have of influencers, to better understand how I can help them in having the influencer profiles on Brandnew.
After analysing the research and our data from the analytic tools (Mixpanel and Hotjar), and looking at onboarding influencers link feature that we have, which can be sent to influencers to register. The findings are the following:
1. The user can invite influencers only by sending them a link to the login page so they can register for an account.
2. The invitation is not personalized, as the user has to copy the link and send out an email to the influencers they have.
3. Influencers are fine with creating an account, but they don't want to spend time filling profile and connecting their social media accounts
4. Agencies have the permission to create and manage the accounts on behalf of the influencers.
5. Agencies have lots of influencers stored in an excel sheet, which makes it hard for them to onboard one by one.
Solution and wireframes
After the research, I started my ideation process by thinking of a way to automate this process to make it effortless for both agencies and influencers, so I came up with the following solutions:
1. Provide an option to invite more than one influencer at once with personalized message.
2. Provide the user with an option to import influencers from a CSV file automatically into the platform.
I’ve decided to go with the CSV import option while also including personalized emails after a successful import, as it helps the users in importing in bulk in a much faster way, which consists of adding a new import option, and uploading CSV file following a template.
1. The user can download the template (Excel for windows, and Numbers for Mac users), and fill it with all data related to influencers to be imported.
2. After filling the template, the user can export the file to CSV and import it into the platform.
3. The platform will automatically create accounts for influencers.
4. The platform automatically sends personalized messages to influencers informing them of the import.
5. To make sure that the user has the permission from the influencer, the email includes information of creating personalized password and the option to delete the account.
Prototype and Testing
After testing the prototype, I found a couple of errors related to the CSV when its empty or there are missing details, the user will not be able to import the file, so to communicate these errors I worked on adding a message showing the error when it occurs.
An additional use cases has been covered, when there is an error in one of the fields but the others are correct, then the user can continue importing the correct ones anyway. Also, if the list contained influencers that have a Brandnew account already, then they will be added to the group without showing any error of already exist.