One of the key features of Brandnew is easing the process of creating campaigns for marketers. In which marketers setup a campaign from the brief phase, selecting and inviting influencers to reviewing content and analysing campaign results.
The challenge was to make the process of creating a campaign more efficient, by focusing and improving the flow of finding and inviting influencers.
I have started defining a plan for my research by gathering data from different sources, to understand the behaviour of users and have qualitative data to help in the decision making. I have started with having meetings with stakeholders who are using the platform on a daily basis, and I gathered and analysed the historical data from our tracking tools, such as Mixpanel, Heatmaps and Metabase to better understand how users use the platform.
After analysing the gathered data, I have identified key pain points that are causing time wasting and influencer discoverability issues, the points are:
1. The user must add influencers to a group from the search tool and get back to the campaign to invite them to participate.
2. Most of the users know already the influencers they want to work with.
3. Too much unnecessary data displayed on the influencer card.
4. Search results are limited per page, because of the size of the card, which makes it hard for the users to see all results.
Sketching and Solutions
After identifying the key pain points and prioritizing their importance, I have started with sketching several solutions that can improve and ease the user experience. The suggested solutions were:
1. Iterating and rethinking the campaign flow, by including the search and invite creators from within the campaign steps.
2. Make the search option more prominent and providing search suggestion when entering first 3 letters of the influencer name.
3. Redesign and show important data on the influencer card, to make it easier to invite influencers and show more results.
4. Provide bulk option to select multiple creators to send invites and messages.
Prototype and Testing
After defining the new user flow, I’ve re-designed the user interface, and prepared the user testing questionnaire, in order to validate my assumptions and ideas.
Findings from the user testing
During the testing I’ve found the following:
1. Users liked the new enhancement on the new step of search and inviting influencers flow.
2. Users found the new design of creator cards easier to use and shows more results.
However, users were annoyed about a few things that could be improved:
1. Users were annoyed by the lazy load feature.
2. Users wanted to see the list of social networks that the influencer has.
Iteration & final steps
After the user testing the findings, I have added the icons for social media that the influencer has, and replaced the lazy load with pagination.